What do you visualize when you hear MBA? A posh car, larger than life house, big office in the best street in the business capital and the list is endless. You are not wrong in dreaming about this lifestyle because this is the weight an MBA degree carries. Every MBA aspirant thinks of making a significant contribution to the business world owing to the skills acquired during the 2 year MBA program. While a student who has done B. Tech or someone who is a graduate in commerce will be able to apply for area-specific roles, an MBA candidate has a plethora of options to choose from. An MBA degree is not only a ticket to a successful and planned career but also helps in enhancing your personal and social skills. The following reasons will further elaborate on why MBA is in demand these days:
- Enhances self-confidence: A professional degree in hand increases the self-confidence of the candidates by leaps and bounds. By getting placed in a good organization which gives you a hefty salary you can move towards a better quality of life thus getting reflected in the confidence that you show.
- Develops management skills: An aspiring manager needs to be adept at understanding the business environment and what it takes to keep the momentum of the team going high. Your technical skills will be of advantage up to a certain limit and post that all that matters is how good a leader you are or how strong your relations are with your team members. This, along with managing the accounts, devising a strategy for growth, bringing a new product in the market, planning the marketing campaign, managing the operations etc. are some of the managerial skills which will give you an edge once you are on-the-job.
- Offers lucrative salary: The salary offered to the MBA candidates is one of the highest in the market and needless to say the prestige attached is worth a million dollars. By staying consistent, the salary can grow exponentially which is not the case in other roles offered.
- Helps to capitalize on business opportunities: If you are planning for a career switch or want a change in the role you are into right now, getting an MBA degree is all that you need. From Apple to Walt Disney to Google, Mc Kinsey, Goldman Sachs, BCG etc, you will be able to apply for managerial positions in the most reputed companies in the business world if you are an MBA.
- Assists in business establishment: Becoming an entrepreneur cannot be a haste decision and there is a lot of paperwork and strategic planning which goes behind the scene. If setting up a business is on your mind, then it is all the more a good reason to invest 2 years in MBA program because you will be taught what it takes for setting up your venture and how you can do your SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) Analysis.
- Fosters personal and professional skills: From better communication to effective leadership and means of motivating people on and off the job, an MBA candidate is well versed and well-equipped with such skills which are beneficial not only in the office but also at home.
- Develops business network: An MBA degree is your one-stop-solution for building an extensive business network. The reason is during the two years of post-graduation you will meet lots of professionals from different fields, have access to alumni who are well placed and will be taught by the best business brains. This will help you in developing your business network.
- Helps in meeting career goals: The different areas of specializations offered during MBA help in realizing multiple career goal in the following ways:
- Finance: Accounting, data analysis and interpretations, statistics etc. will open up avenues for those who want to enter the financial markets.
- Marketing: This encapsulates the lessons on product development and analysis, devising plans for selling and distribution etc. From getting in touch with celebrities for brand endorsement to formulating a plan for positioning the product, a marketing manager knows it all.
- Human Resources: This specialization will teach you the tactics of managing people, how to take interviews, impart training, handle conflicts etc.
- International Business: If working oversees is on your mind, you should know how the work is done across the globe. Specialization in International Business is your gateway to understanding global working environment.
- General Management: To get an insight into the overall managerial arsenal, general management is the most ideal area of specialization.
From consulting to financial services, technology and healthcare etc., MBAs are required in every industry and thus, is one of the hottest selling cakes these days. Invest 2 years in this post-graduation course and give wings to your career!