With an MBA attached to your name, you become eligible for the elitist jobs in the corporate world and who doesn’t fancy the idea of graduating from the top B-school? Admission to the top-ranked institutes in the country is possible only after appearing for CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP, etc. and thus depending on the percentile you get, you become eligible to apply in a particular college. Not everyone has the privilege of studying in the IIMs or XIMB or MDI etc., but that doesn’t deprive you of the chance of studying in an MBA college because there are 6500 institutes across the country offering an MBA degree. Thus you have to choose wisely and get admission into the best one.
How to choose an MBA college?
While searching for a particular MBA College, a candidate must consider the following points:
- Eligibility criteria: This is the first step to be considered while narrowing your search for an MBA college. Different colleges have different criteria like IIMs accept CAT Score with sectional cut-offs, MDI, IMT, etc. consider consolidated CAT percentile, XLRI, XIMB accepts XAT score and AICTE approved colleges accept CMAT conducted by NTA.
- Fees: You have to make a rational decision depending upon your financial position. While the fees of IIM Ahmedabad, MDI Gurgaon, XLRI Jamshedpur is above 20 lakhs, SIBM Bangalore, XIM Bhubaneshwar, IIM Lucknow, IIM Indore, IIM Kozhikode have fees in the bracket of Rs 15-Rs 20 lakhs. Apart from colleges where fees are exorbitant, you will find a lot of colleges where the fee is affordable.
- Placements: Getting an MBA degree doesn’t end the story. The most important selection criterion is the placement record. IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, XLRI Jamshedpur, FMS Delhi, IIFT Delhi are known for Rs 20 lakh plus annual packages. IMI New Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, GIM Goa, KJ Somaiya, MICA, etc offer placements above Rs 10 lakh per annum.
- Ranking and Accreditation: National and international accreditations define the quality of education, level of research, faculty, and facilities in the institute. Ranking by NIRF, MBA Universe.com, Business Today B-School Ranking, and The Week Ranking of B-schools should be considered before making a choice.
- Location: The location of an MBA institute can increase the chances of better placements. Thus you should consider this factor while choosing a college.
- Infrastructure: Be it is the residential accommodation or library or classrooms, the kind of infrastructure an institute provides ultimately makes a lot of difference in the quality of admissions.
- Legacy: A B-School will have a high alumni base if it has been in existence for a long time. You cannot challenge the legacy IIM Ahmedabad holds and no wonder it has been able to sustain its position for many years and thus is on the mind of every MBA aspirant.
Top 10 Govt MBA Colleges in India
IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) have always topped the charts with IIM Ahmedabad grabbing the first position according to various researches. According to NIRF (National Institute Ranking Framework), the top 10 government MBA colleges are:
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Kharagpur
- IIM Kozhikode
- IIM Indore
- DMS IIT Delhi(Department of Management Studies)
- SJM SOM IIT Bombay-Shaliesh J.Mehta Institute of Management
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Top 10 private MBA Colleges in India
Numerous private players have carved their niche in providing an exemplary infrastructure, jaw-dropping placements and world-class faculty for the MBA students. The top 10 private colleges in the country are:
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute Jamshedpur
- Management Development Institute Gurgaon
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- T.A.Pai Management Institute, Manipal
- International Management Institute, New Delhi
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneshwar
Sough-after private MBA colleges in India
Getting admission to the top 10 MBA colleges in India calls for rigorous hard work because cracking CAT, XAT, CMAT, etc is not a cakewalk. Due to this, MBA aspirants search for some other colleges where getting admission is not tough yet the quality of education is superb and the placement record is decent. The most popular private MBA colleges falling in this category are:
- ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Amity University, Noida
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies, New Delhi
- SP Jain School of Management Studies, Mumbai
Search wisely and study well for a better and brighter tomorrow.