An MBA entrance exam is a stepping stone to a flourishing and fulfilling career. In India, there has been a sudden spike in the number of students taking an MBA entrance exam as a professional course. To ensure that the best and eligible candidates reach the top-notch MBA colleges in India, there are numerous MBA entrance exams that one has to undertake.
Before we discuss the various exams, let’s see the eligibility criteria and syllabus for the same.
Eligibility criteria for all the MBA entrance exams remain more or less the same where:
- Graduates with a recognized degree with 50% marks in case of general category students and 45% for reserved categories qualify for the exam.
- Final year students with a prior certificate from the college or university they are studying in can also apply.
- There are some exams like XAT and MAT where the minimum percentage is not required.
The syllabus for the MBA entrance exams is:
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Most of the exams test these skills, while some exams like XAT and CMAT test your general awareness as well.
You should log on to the official website for better clarification on the syllabus.
Following is the list of the best MBA entrance exams :
- CAT (Common Admission Test): It is the toughest MBA entrance exam which is conducted by IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) and if you clear CAT, you get a chance to study in your dream college. CAT score is your golden ticket to the 20IIMs across India and more than 100+ top management schools in the country.
It is an online-based MBA entrance exam in English where 100 questions have to be answered in 3 hours. Correct answers carry 3 marks and a negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong answer.
- XAT (Xavier’s Aptitude Test): XLRI conducts this exam and if you crack it, you can be an alumnus of Xavier’s Institutes (Bhubaneshwar, Jamshedpur) and other coveted institutes across the country.
Students have to attempt 99 questions in 3 hours in this online MBA entrance exam conducted in English. Every correct answer gives you 1 mark, a negative marking of 0.25 for a wrong answer, and 0.5 marks are deducted if more than 8 questions are left unattempted.
- SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test): Conducted by Symbiosis International University, this MBA entrance exam can get you admission in 16 Symbiosis institutes and some of the other management schools in the country too.
115 questions in English have to be attempted in 2 hours in this online mode exam. Every correct MCQ carries 1 mark; non-MCQ gives 2 marks and 0.25 negative marking for wrong answers.
- NMAT: Conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council, NMAT score entitles you admission in NMIMS (Narsee Monje Institute of Management Studies) along with other top B-schools in India. This is the only MBA entrance exam in which a candidate can appear 3 times and post that he/she loses the chance of taking the exam.
120 questions in 2 hours have to be answered in an online-MBA entrance exam conducted in English. Every correct answer carries 1 mark.
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test): It is conducted by the National Testing Agency and makes a candidate eligible for admission to the top colleges across the country. Candidates applying for Executive PGDM must have 5 years of work experience along with other eligibility criteria.
100 questions have to be attempted in 3 hours in the online mode MBA entrance exam conducted in English. A correct answer gives you 4 marks and a negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong answer.
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test): All India Management Association conducts this MBA entrance exam and you can get admission in 600+ B-schools in India if you get a good score.
Online and offline mode is available in this MBA entrance exam where 200 questions have to be attempted in 2.5 hours and 1 mark for a correct answer and -0.25 for every wrong answer.
- IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade): National Testing Agency conducts the exam which allows the students to study in IIFT Delhi and Kolkata.
120 questions have to be answered in the online mode exam and there is negative marking for wrong answers.
- MICA MBA Entrance Exam (Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad): This is a tough nut to crack and if you are lucky to clear this one, there is no looking back. Apart from the other eligibility criteria, the candidate should have appeared for CAT, XAT, or GMAT and the syllabus too is vast as it also includes psychometric and descriptive skills.
105 questions have to be attempted in 2.50 hours in this online-based exam in English. Every correct answer carries 1 mark and -0.25 for a wrong answer.
Prepare well and the sky is the limit!